Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First Letter


Mom,

I hope this is your email i don’t really remember either. Thank you so much for your first couple letters they have been what has been helping me a lot these past couple days. Every day is so stressful we don’t really have that much free time it is such a strict schedule that it is hard to be able to do much.

They have us in class for six hours every day and we also have already started to teach "investigators", people who act the part but sometimes they can be real investigators or members who are less active, and me and my companion got someone for one of ours that is very difficult, he is a born again Christian and just starts throwing bible verse at us. The other people we are teaching are a little bit better. my companions name is (  ), he can be a really great guy but there are just times when it is really difficult to deal with him. He is joking all the time and it can sometimes chase away the spirit. I have been praying constantly for help to be patient and humble because I want the spirit to be with us always because that is the only way that we can teach really.

I am so worried here that i am going to gain weight. It is really hard not to be a little bit scared, they feed us food that is in no way healthy - yet they tell us that we must be healthy and work out every day, so I do try, I run a mile and lift some of the weights every day.

My district is awesome and I love all of them but I honestly just want to get out the MTC already I don’t like it here, despite being able to feel the spirit all the time, for the most part, it’s hard.

The days had been getting a lot better but then today came with it being my birthday it just hit me how much i miss home and how I have only been here for less than a week and just how much longer it will be till i get to see you again. I miss you soooooo much mom, you have no idea.

As much as I love being here serving it is still incredibly hard and i miss home. Thank you so much for all of the letters and the packages.

Thank you for mailing me my temple recommend but i had to meet with the MTC president because i go to the temple today and that caused some problems because my companion started getting all mad because he didn’t want to do that on his pday and how this is stupid. It made me feel really bad, so he had to go get the zone leader because he didn’t want to go with me that much and I just feel awful combined with the homesickness, today sucks to be honest.
Mom if you could while I am here in the MTC keep using the mtcdelivery.com or dearelder.com please because I only get to check email once a week and you have no idea how reading your letters the past week have helped me so much. I did send you a paper letter the first day I was here, I don’t know if you got it or not but i sent one.

I leave here on the 18th of February which is awesome. I am writing things in my journal everyday and i am taking a ton of pictures, as much as I can but there are so many rules here that I can’t have my camera with me often, but don’t worry I am trying to get all the pictures you want me to take. I won’t be able to send any home until I leave here though because 1. I don’t know if I could upload my pictures onto this computer and 2. I don’t have the card reader yet. I would write more and I want to but I don’t know what else to say, mom I love you so much and I miss you so much more please write more - I love reading them.

Love, Elder Dean

PS. I am sorry for the grammar and spelling errors

No comments:

Post a Comment