Saturday, May 11, 2013

First transfer down and still in Sanford Maine! (11th letter)

Hi!!!!!

Hey mom!

So we got transfer calls on Saturday. I am staying here in Sanford for another six weeks, I will be getting a new companion because Elder Thomas was transferred. Honestly I’m a little nervous, I have really grown to love Elder Thomas he has been a great trainer. I’m scared my new companion will be like (my MTC companion)… that would be so bad. I’m praying it will be ok, I do have faith that whatever happens will be what needs to happen. You can tell that Elder Thomas is ready to go, I know he loves it here but this was his first and ONLY area.

This week has been as usual. A mission is a funny thing, the weeks seem to go so slow – and yet they seem to fly by at the same time. P-day goes by really really quick, there is always so much that you need to get done during the day. This P-day is really tight because Elder Thomas is saying goodbye to everyone.

Before I forget could you please let Marlee know that I am so excited for her to start her mission and that I think she is going to be such a great missionary. Wish her luck for me and tell her I will write her when I get her address.

So I have realized that I am an awful son! I didn't wish you, MY OWN MUM, happy birthday. So….. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry I forgot. Mother’s day is on Sunday and I get to call you !!!! So yay!!!!

I bought the leather jacket 25 dollars at a thrift store where we do service, it is a really great jacket. The thrift store… not so much. It is really dirty and gross and the old man that works there is so grumpy. It would be nice if we could find a different place to do some service.

The box of curry came today!!!! I had to go to the post office to pick it up though. Thank you so much for sending that to me! I love it so much, all the stuff looks really good. I love curry.

Stuff we do on pday. Well here in our mission it is usually a rush to buy food and get laundry done. we use a laundry mat near our apartment. After we finish shopping and getting our cloths washed we go to the library and write and read emails. They are really full days.

I am really sad I missed Lochlan’s birthday, it is the first one I've missed of his and yours for that matter. I bet Lochlan was excited to get that game. It is a really fun game. Alexander, Lochlan and I played the first one all the time and it was a lot of fun. Are you guys going to go see Iron Man 3? You know mom to be truthful I miss video games and movies and TV. I feel guilty that I miss them, like I’m “to of the world” and I am trying to not think about that kind of stuff. BUT some of the BEST times that I had growing up were when you would pull me out of school and we would play hooky and go to the movies. I loved skipping school and going to movies with you. I miss the video game parties down in our basement that I would have with my friends.

I’ll be honest – I’m sad Christine choose not to go to BYU, I think that she would have really loved it there. I will keep her in my prayers and pray that she will be OK in Boulder. I love her and I think she will be alright.

I THANK YOU Mom for raising me the way you did. You are so great. We had a district meeting and they asked us which we thought was more important family or the gospel. I couldn't pick. Yes this gospel does bring so much joy and happiness and incredible amounts of peace and blessings but without my family (without you) I would not be who I am. The people that we tract out here in Maine do not seem to have the strongest family. The school systems are poor and there is a lot of divorce and teenage pregnancies. I feel so bad for the people that don’t have what I do. When we were asked that question in our meeting (at district meeting) I was one of the few missionaries in our district who didn't say the gospel was the most important. I just couldn’t place one above the other, because without one I wouldn't have the other.

I love you mom so much. More than anything and I am really glad that I am serving a mission, that you helped me to be able to serve a mission.

I really love my family, tell them all that I miss them and that I cannot wait till the day I see them again.

I miss you! I love you! I get to talk to you in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment